FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Luma Touch Broadens Media Management Workflow Options with WD Product Integration Collaboration
Sandy, Utah (August 06, 2018) – Luma Touch (www.lumatouch.com) today announced it has collaborated with Western Digital to integrate wireless media management workflows between WD®-branded portable wireless storage drives and LumaFusion, the industry-popular iOS mobile video editing app designed specifically for mobile filmmakers, journalists, YouTube creators and anyone looking to create better video using mobile devices and gear.
With this new integration, LumaFusion editors can now wirelessly preview footage from their My Passport™ Wireless and My Passport™ Wireless SSD drives directly from within LumaFusion, and selectively import media to the LumaFusion timeline allowing editors to work with large files and projects without taking up as much storage on the iOS device.
This custom integration elevates the standard for editing long and short-form content on mobile devices, and offers additional options for LumaFusion users who may be using a variety of wireless media management solutions.
Specific to the WD-brand product integration, Luma Touch – working closely with the Western Digital team – has enabled a number of mobile editing workflow benefits including the ability to:
● Browse media from your My Passport Wireless Pro and My Passport Wireless SSD drives- including any inserted SD™ cards) directly from the LumaFusion library (no need to import) with icons for photos and videos;
● Tap on photos, videos and music to preview and trim in LumaFusion without having to wait for media to download;
● Automatically download media from your wireless WD-brand drive when you add to the timeline (and continue editing while the media downloads);
● Export your finished projects directly to your WD-brand wireless drive.
About LumaFusion: Professional, Powerful Mobile Video Editing
Created by video effects and editing industry veterans, LumaFusion was designed specifically for mobile filmmakers, journalists, YouTube Creators and anyone looking to create better video using mobile devices and gear. Tapping into decades of experience as editors and remembering all that was painful about traditional editing workflows, Luma Touch has developed an app featuring the most professional video editing features available on iOS, and highly focused on creating the best possible user experience on an iOS device. Key features include:
● Multiple video and audio tracks;
● Insert and overwrite style editing;
● Multiple layers of real-time effects with keyframing;
● Color correction capabilities;
● Multi-layer titling;
● Live audio mixing;
● Support for landscape or portrait video projects;
● Multiple frame rates, including 18, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60fps;
● Support for resolutions up to 4K.
Pricing and Availability
LumaFusion is available immediately and is free to existing customers upgrading to version 1.6 who have a WD-branded drive wirelessly connected. For new customers, LumaFusion is available for download from the Apple App Store and is priced at $19.99.
About Luma Touch, LLC
Luma Touch is a team of passionate engineers, designers and video professionals dedicated to the development and support of exceptionally creative media software. The co-founders Chris Demiris and Terri Morgan are responsible for the design and development of several leading video editing and effects products on iOS and Windows.
Western Digital, WD and My Passport are registered trademarks or trademarks of Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. The SD mark is a trademark of SD-3C, LLC.