LumaFX Press Resources
Expected Release Date: March 2, 2016
Luma Touch Announces the Release of LumaFX, a Powerful Video FX Layering and Color Correction App
Luma Touch, co-founded by the original lead developer and designer of Pinnacle Studio for iOS, is announcing the release of LumaFX the second in their new suite of apps allowing multiple video effects to be quickly and easily layered onto a video. SANDY, UT February 23, 2016 Luma Touch is releasing LumaFX, a powerful video effects app. LumaFX adds color correction as well as infinite combinations of blurs, distortions and styles to the features already found in their first app LumaClip, such as adjusting the aspect ratio, cropping, straightening, trimming and slow-motion/ fast-motion in both forward and reverse.
“When designing LumaFX we wanted to give our customers the powerful features they need such as layering and reordering of effects in real-time, and at the same time make effects editing fun, not only by creating intuitive gestures and overlay graphics for manipulating effects, but also by having a stunningly sleek interface”, stated Terri Morgan, Co-founder of Luma Touch and Designer of LumaFX. “This App is proof that it’s no longer about whether you are a professional or a beginner in the world of video; we’ve reached a technology threshold where everyone can understand and benefit from a well-designed set of powerful and stable features.” “LumaFX is made possible by our new Spry Engine, which is the culmination of years of iOS video application development” stated Chris Demiris, Co-founder of Luma Touch and primary developer of Luma FX. “The Spry Engine has been built to take advantage of the latest advances in audio and video in iOS, and makes it possible for the user to interact in real-time when adjusting effects.” The Spry Engine is a powerful framework for video apps on iOS and OSX. Spry incorporates decades of expertise, enabling powerful editing, compositing and effects apps. Spry includes a full object model, powerful compositing runtime with multiple effects per clip, and a large complement of fully customizable UI components for building audio-video applications. Luma Touch continues to release video and effects products based on Spry. Spry is also available for licensing by 3rd party developers who want to develop powerful video applications quickly and easily. LumaFX will be available on the App Store March 2, 2016 for an introductory price of $4.99
About Luma Touch Luma Touch, founded in 2012, is a team of passionate engineers, designers and video professionals dedicated to the development and support of exceptionally creative media software. The co-founders Chris Demiris and Terri Morgan have 50 years of combined experience in the media post-production industry, and are responsible for the design and development of several leading video editing and effects products on iOS and Windows. Learn more at http://www.lumatouch.com
LumaFX is a powerful choice for layering customizable video FX and color correction. Add color effects, and infinite combinations of styles, blurs and distortions in any order to create custom effects. Adjust individual parameters on each effect and color correction. Ideal for professional video producers, mobile journalists and movie making enthusiasts! This app is produced by the original creators of the award-winning Pinnacle Studio App. ADD EFFECTS
- Layer multiple style effects (such as Comic and Gloom), blurs, and distortion effects (such as Kaleidoscope, Vortex and Circle Splash)
- Layer in any order to create an endless variety of effects
- Adjust parameters to customize your effects
- Use presets to correct for a variety of lighting problems such as florescent lights or create color “scenes” such as Moonlight, Summer or MiniMart!
- Apply theatrical looks such as Noir, Dream or Polaroid
- Adjust parameters to customize your color effects
- Create slow motion/fast motion forward and reverse
- Maintain audio pitch
- Fully supports 120 and 240fps slo-mo video files and time lapse video files
- Easily crop, position and rotate with intuitive gestures
- Swiftly trim your video clips to any length
- Change the aspect ratio: portrait or landscape 16:9, 4:3 and square
- Work with any video media on your device
- Use the “Open In” feature to open compatible files from other apps
- Download media stored in iCloud Photo Library directly to the app
- View detailed information and metadata from your media
- Easily share to the Photos App, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram or “Other App”
- Export at a variety of resolutions and qualities.
- Extract a photo of any frame in the full resolution of the video
- Be a part of a great video community!
- Join the support forums at forums.luma-touch.com/LumaFX (registration code 52pstudio47)
- Watch LumaFX tutorials on www.luma-touch.com/tutorials
Email us with questions about LumaFX.